peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Did the water pump and thermostat on a 2004 645ci whereas

Customer Question

did the water pump and thermostat on a 2004 645ci whereas the radiator symbol was appearing (and still is) in on the idrive screen... also popped the cabin filters out... put everything back but car wont start.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does crank...
got a used ivm... found mine to have a blown fuse... used ivm didnt do the trick
put new fuse in mine still no gothe car was low on fuel when i got it... also sat on a slight decline... but always started. until the day i pulled it up to the garage and worked on the water pump and stat. and nothing sincepulled the fuel pump out and upon turning the key i get nothing at first then on the second turn a loud short buzz/burst... when i repeat for the 3rd the same loud short buzz/burst dont know if thats normal for these cars... the pump does not just run when you turn the key on.i have checked the fuel pump relay behind the glove as well.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed as this will help locate the fault here.

This may be an ecm fault if fuel is not coming out right away as it should to allow the engine to start,Having the codes read out will help diagnose and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete