Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

My BMW 550i rear window won't go up, please help! 2006, Yes,

Customer Question

Hi my BMW 550i rear window won't go up, please help!
JA: What year is your 550i?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, it's 100° in my City & my 11 month old daughter is in the vehicle with me. I've tried holding the rear window button up & down for 15 seconds.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I'm not sure, but an alert came on the dash while driving so I pulled over. It said something about an anti trap window
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Correction the vehicle is a 2010 It's now saying anti window deactivate
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

hello, what question did you have about this? what kind of help are you seeking?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My 2016 BMW 550i rear window won't go up! An indicator on the dashboard is stating anti window deactivated
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

hi, yes, I understand the situation, what was your question about it? do you want to know possible causes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm trying to get my window to come up myself. It's 100° & my infant is in the car with me. Please help! How do I get the window to roll up myself?
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

unfortunately the window is not designed to be manually closed. you can try unhooking the car battery for an hour to see if the issue will reset, otherwise the door panel will need to be removed and a new window motor installed.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for, but please understand that this is beyond my control. I trust that my honesty and quick reply is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.