Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

HAVE TRANSMISSION NOT SHIFTING AFTER VEHICLE SAT MONTHS

Customer Question

HAVE TRANSMISSION NOT SHIFTING AFTER VEHICLE SAT FOR THREE MONTHS BEFORE I FIXED IT BATTERY WAS DEAD BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND STARTED HAVING TRANNY PROBLEMS EARLY SHIFTING OR WOULD LOSE POWER TURN OFF ENGINE AND SIT FOR A MINUTE ANS START BACK UP AND THE CAR WOULD MOVE BUT HAD BEST PERFORMANCE WHEN SELECTED TO MANUAL SHIFTWHAT IS THE ISSUE SENDING UNIT COMPUTER NOT TALKING TO THE SERVER OR TAKE TO DEALER OR SHOP
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

it sounds like that is the case but to confirm can you have the car scanned and retrieve the fault codes

and post them back here. before you take to shop try this reset first maybe the trans module will wake up and started working again

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Together for 20 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 10 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok ill try it now and get back to you with results
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if it doesnt work then we can speak to each other thanks

ok sounds good let me know

Chad