Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner, diagnostics, driveability tech
2947720

I have purchased a 2001 BMW 325I and the previous owner said

Customer Question

I have purchased a 2001 BMW 325I and the previous owner said that a fan would not shut off draining his battery. What could be the cause of this?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Is it the auxiliary radiator cooling fan that stays on?

Manual trans?

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think so and yes, manual transmission
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

There were some issues on some of them, (recalls and service bulletins) and it may be covered under the recall. The fan controller is also most likely shorting out and keeping the fan on.

Here is a link to a copy of one of the campaigns on it.

You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6p3x5xg68adaa2/ENGINE%20AUXILIARY%20COOLING%20FAN%20REPLACEMENT.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,