Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have 2012 bmw x6. just recently the engine light in the

Customer Question

I have 2012 bmw x6. just recently the engine light in the dashboard came for 2 days it came on and off and every time i check on the vehicle status it shows ok but yesterday it came on again this time with the other engine light in the middle and bigger. i checked the vehicle status "Reduced engine output drive very cautiously take vehicle to the closest bmw shop" it also have erratic rpm and unusual noise. What do you think and recommend i am afraid w/o knowledge they will charge me arm and a leg. Mechanically i am not too bad but electrical and computer i will not touch
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi im kevin this warning means that the car has now deemed the fault possible to cause an issue if left .the only way to find cause is to have care plugged in and fault codes read .once this is done you will have fault codes to start diagnosis

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do i have to bring to a dealership or any repair shop tha has diagnostic machine
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Most repair shops will be able to read fault codes from your vehicle

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Please rate my service and let me know if you need anything further

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Please rate my service