Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks

I have a 2008 Mini Clubman with 200,000 Kilometers. It began

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman with 200,000 Kilometers. It began running rough and after investigation it was determined the rings had failed on Cylinder 1. The engine has been rebored (to eliminate scratches from dmanaged ring), new pistons and fully rebuilt. It starts and runs fine up until it reaches 90 degrees C and then starts to run rough. Any ideas on the cause?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

While the problem is occurring can you connect your scan tool and scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting which there should be if the system is seeing a fault and post back with the results and I will see if I can help you with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Ron. Will do the code check and get back to you
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay let me know and we can work from there.