Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

2001 325. Radiator fan would not cut off and drained battery

Customer Question

2001 325. Radiator fan would not cut off and drained battery befor I was realized what was happening. Jump started, got home and unhooked battery to stop the fan. Next morning, hooked up battery, car started and drove to work with no dash indicators. The radio and fan worked but no odometer, speedometer. A/C, tach, gas guage, etc. Got to work and pulled a fuse to stop the fan. I believe it was #37?. I used the fuse chart but can't swear I recall the #correctly. it was the 2nd big fuse (50). The radiator fan stopped running. I locked the car with my remote master key as usual. 9 hrs. later, I cannot unlock the car. I can unlock the trunk using the key manually. Can't get the hood open to jump start.
Beyond saying I made stupid decisions, can you help. Do I call a locksmith? Install a charged battery to get power and will the doors then unlock? Have a towtruck pick it up?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What happens when you try to unlock the door with the key manually?