Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a2001 325ci top wont close completely,the top wont

Customer Question

I have a2001 325ci top wont close completely,the top wont extend closed all the way,the arms wont extend fully, and the locking mechanism doesnt tighten the locks,i can her a noise in the top like little parts moving around,the motor seems to be working,i can look up into the manuel access window and it is turning .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.
this indicates that the mechanics stripped out and will need to be replaced, happens from time to time as the vehicles age. This is not really a DIY job but if you are looking for a good non dealer option check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.