Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I have a2001 325ci top wont close completely,the top wont

Customer Question

I have a2001 325ci top wont close completely,the top wont extend closed all the way,the arms wont extend fully, and the locking mechanism doesnt tighten the locks,i can her a noise in the top like little parts moving around,the motor seems to be working,i can look up into the manuel access window and it is turning .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

this indicates that the mechanics stripped out and will need to be replaced, happens from time to time as the vehicles age. This is not really a DIY job but if you are looking for a good non dealer option check out or for options

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.