Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I have a 2006, 325xi. I purchased this vehicle 6 weeks ago

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006, 325xi. I purchased this vehicle 6 weeks ago with a known problem, the VTG module was bad. I sent the module out to xemodex to have repaired the 5 volt power supply was defective. To install the repaired module I removed the negative lead off of the battery, and installed the module. I reinstalled the negative lead on the battery, and could not start the car, when I insert the key fab, the ignition only goes to phase 1, I can operate the windows and radio, lights come on..... However no sign the car is interested in going to the second ignition level. I then replaced the battery as I had it tested twice, it failed the first test and was marginal the secon. Installed the new battery, same results.
I have a C110 BM code scanner, indicates that I now have a new fault code 2E8D, IBS sensor. I have attempted to disconnect the two inputs from the sensor the smal and large connectors in different sequences, I can clear the code but the car is still basically immobilized. At this point the steering wheel is locked, I cannot put the car in neutral to roll this vehicle out of my garage to even think about getting it towed or to a dealer.
Is there anything I can do to get this vehicle started?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
It isn't likely you will be able to get the vehicle started at home, however I can help you get it in neutral if you would like
Please let me know
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** get the car in neutral. Please refund my fee as we did not make any reasonable progress. Thank you, ***** *****