Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks

I R&R a cvt transmission in a 2003 Mini and had nothing..

Customer Question

I R&R a cvt transmission in a 2003 Mini Cooper and had nothing.. The transmission that I took out had no gears at all, but the fluid was nice and red with no smells. When I put the car in the air and had someone in it, I could see the shaft turning but the clutches behind the tranny didn't engage
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are having with your transmission is an internal pressure concern or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start first with scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you from there.