AMEDEE
AMEDEE, BMW TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST
279429

BONUS PROMISED! SCHEMATIC AND BOARD LAYOUT NEEDED - In my

Customer Question

BONUS PROMISED! SCHEMATIC AND BOARD LAYOUT NEEDED - In my 2005 Range Rover HSE which was made with many BMW parts there is an audio amplifier. I need the schematic and printed circuit board layout of this amplifier. I WILL ADD a $15.00 tip if you can find it for me. It must be clear and readable. The amplifier part number is XQK500103. The manufacturer of the radio system including the amplifier is HARMON KARDON.

Category: BMW
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you. Is this a factory audio amplifier? Can I start by getting the VIN of the vehicle? Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Yes, this is the original Harmon Kardon factory amplifier that came with the 2005 Range Rover HSE. The vin is SALME11455A189460. I must mention again that the schematic alone is no good to me without the component layout print.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

I assume you are talking about the pinout chart.. correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Well, I need that also, but I need to get into depth on this amp. I need to find the location on the pcb of the output of the d/a converter that is the same point as the input of the analog amplifier. I need to break that junction so that I can connect an external input to the amp without messing around with all the fibre optic crap. I am done with fm modulators also.JUST need to wire it in. So, you can see why I need the ENTIRE SERVICE LITERATURE that HK would have supplied to a technician that would repair these amps down to the individual component level. I am an Electronic Technician, but need this info naturally.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

I will see what I can do in the morning. Going to get some sleep. Talk to you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your efforts so far. Goodnight.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and good morning. Here is a wiring diagram for your power amplifier spread over two diagrams. I am still looking for the pinout chart. Will post back later today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What you have seen so far is very useful however what I need the most is the diagram on the printed circuit boards and also the diagram for other components the location of other components inside the amplifier. It would also show resistors capacitors diodes transistors and other individual components. Space
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! Unfortunately, I have sent all the information I have and cannot find any more information on this. I will leave this question open for other experts. Sorry I could not be more help.