Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I replace all the parts on the front brakes and bleed the

Customer Question

Hi, I replace all the parts on the front brakes and bleed the whole system. The peddle just build pressure the front brakes just lock up and won't release.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 150,000
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 735 I.../1988
JA: What year is your 735i?
Customer: 1988
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have always worked on my cars.. On less it is something that I need special equipment I don't have.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: On the only thing I think it could be is that the ABS system is coughing the booster to build more pressure and not releasing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I hope you are well, my name is ***** ***** I will see if I can help you with this.

What parts did you replace, have you changed the flexi hoses?

These can sometimes breakdown internally, allowing fluid to pass under pressure but not allowing it to release, essentially they internally collapse and make a effective gate.

Let me know the full details and I will see if I can help you, if I can't then I will open the question back to other experts for you so you can get a timely response.