Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 1989 750iL and have my radio code. However, when I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 1989 750iL and have my radio code. However, when I turn the radio on it shows the number 1 and does not ask for the code.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Pearl,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have the code, but the radio only displays 1 not code.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The battery was disconnected. I do not have the full radio manual.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Did this start when he battery or radio was disconnected? Or did it start out of the blue?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was the result of disconnecting the battery for winter storage.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.
I would suggest unhooking the battery again and seeing if it will accept the code.

.

if it will not, then unfortunately this would indicate the radio has failed (happens from time to time) and the best action would be to purchase a replacement on ebay

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.