Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I got my oil changed the next day my car wouldn't start!

Customer Question

I got my oil changed the next day my car wouldn't start! Tried to boost from front and rear no luck! Everything is on lights n such / when I turn the key I get a click followed by breif noise it won't turnover
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Its in park n yes it has a wheel lock feature
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2006 325i
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We tired to boost battery nn also tired to reset battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes it has been starting slow
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
Unfortunately this indicates your starter has failed. This is vey common in your car and if you have never had the starter replaced it you are over due to be honest. This is not related in any way to the oil change, purely coincidental
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Are you having a problem with the rating links? Please let me know