sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Replaced alternator on 2002 745i now have generator

Customer Question

replaced alternator on 2002 745i now have generator communication malfunction code. anyone have any ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
Most likely that would be a simple faulty or incompatible alternator in that case
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the second alternator that i have tried with the same results. this code was not present with the original alternator. original alternator was replaced due to it knocking(bad bearings).
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?