peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Tried earlier lost connection. 2010 mini s 1.6 liter. Car

Customer Question

Tried earlier lost connection. 2010 mini Cooper s 1.6 liter. Car will start but not idle with the map sensor hooked up. If I unplug the map sensor the car operates correctly. I just replaced the maf and the map sensor and the air filter. When the car does idle it loads up on fuel
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the engine coolant temp sensor signal to see if it is operating properly.If an incorrect signal is being sent from the coolant temp sensor it causes this issue here.If this is o.k. I would have the fuel injectors tested for any issues.I have seen issues with the fuel injectors with one or more allowing to much fuel into the engine cause this fault here needing replaced.If these have already been tested and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete