rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2010 mini s. i have recently replaced the maf and the map

Customer Question

2010 mini cooper s. i have recently replaced the maf and the map sensors. it will start, but not idle. if i unplug the map sensor the car runs fine
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes the engine will turn over, but will not idle. the battery is showing 12.2 dc volts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i am hoping to do the repairs myself. new plugs and boots, maf sensor, and map sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yellow engine light is on - center dail
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The battery MUST have 12.6 volts to start with, this may not be the whole problem, but full voltage is needed. Check your computer grounds too.

Thanks, Ron