Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I am interested in purchasing a used BMW. I love the F30

Customer Question

I am interested in purchasing a used BMW. I love the F30 look but I think the E90 is the way to go considering my budget. I was wondering what proper modifications can be done to a 2011 335xi Coupe. I want the newest/best 335 before the new body style came out with a turbocharged I6.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No worries. I just want to know everything there is to know when it comes to a 2011 BMW 335i. Also, I want to know the differences between the 2011's and the previous ones in 2009 and 2010.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

hi, can you please clarify what you mean when you say "I just want to know everything there is to know when it comes to a 2011 BMW 335i." - this is very hard to know how to answer...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am interested in buying that car. I want to know how far this car can be customized to increase engine performance. What kinds of tunes can be done...What can be customized in the interior. Those sort of things. The more I know the better...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want to know whether it can be worth it to get the older E90 2011 335 vs a F30 2012/2013 328. What would the sacrifices be...
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

the trade off is simple, power vs. newer technology and better fuel efficiency.

.

there are lots of engine mods that can be done to 335s to increase power, you can see a great selection here, although most are not street legal: http://burgertuning.com/

.

interior wise you can add lighting, short shift kits, different shift knobs, new leather, painted trim.

.

Whether is worth it to get an older 335 is up to you, what do you value? More power or a newer car with better tech and efficiency?
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
good to know. If the car has stock wood trim on the car, is it possible, lets say, to put carbon fiber trim on the car? Also, if the steering wheel is worn or something, can i purchase another BMW steering wheel? Which ones are compatible with the E92 car? Of all the things I want to customize in the interior...it would be to change the the steering wheel.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

Yes, trim can be swapped out easily.

I am not aware of any aftermarket wheels that would maintain the functionality of the buttons, airbag, etc, but there are many different wheels offered by BMW so you could switch to the sport wheel or the M wheel or just a newer, non warn wheel if you wanted. It would need to be a wheel that is compatible based on the vin of the car in question, per the BMW parts system.

as the question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating

Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
hello, are you having a problem with the rating links? please let me know.