Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Have issues with code P1353 and connot locate the problem,

Customer Question

HI, Have issues with code P1353 and connot locate the problem, can you help? 2001 bmw 325i
Category: BMW
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So on most cars a p1345 is cam or crank sensor on bmw it's a cyl misfire problem. The p1353 is cyl 6. First verify there's a problem with those cyl or any other. Remove the wire to the coil for each cyl as its running and see if effects the run ability of the engine. Cyl 2 & 6 will probably not effect it. But try all cyl. Then swap the coils and plugs on those 2 cyl with other cyl.And retest.Let me know what you find.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
RESET CODES AND RUN THE ENGINE AGAIN AND GOT THE SAME RESULTS, P1345 AND P1353 # ***** AND # ***** CYL ALSO SWAP COILS AND TO NO AVAIL,
did you swap the plugs as well?
Also did you verify that those cyl are actually misfiring by unhooking the connector at the coil and seeing if the engine runs the same or worse? Do that on all cyl. And let me know what cylinders don't seem to effect the engine when the coil is disconnected.Disconnect the connector to the coil as the car is running.Also do a compression test on all cyl and let me know what you find.Thanks
Sonny
did you swap the plugs as well?
Sonny

do you still need help with this problem?