Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Does a 2006 bmw 325I run at a cooler temperature when

Customer Question

Does a 2006 bmw 325I run at a cooler temperature when ambient air is above 70 ? and then warmer in the colder temps ? My scanner shows that my engine temp varies between 150 and 160 F and the air tem is around 80
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Coolant level is fine, installed a new tstat
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
KX37205
This morning I put the scanner on and found that the coolant temp matched the IAT so I believe that the coolant temp sensor is accurate.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

this vehicle does not run at different engine temps based on outside temperature.
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What would be causing the engine to run cool even with a different thermostat ?
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

that could be just normal fluctuation or an issue with the water pump, coolant flow or fan. As the original question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating