Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Does a 2006 bmw 325I run at a cooler temperature when

Customer Question

Does a 2006 bmw 325I run at a cooler temperature when ambient air is above 70 ? and then warmer in the colder temps ? My scanner shows that my engine temp varies between 150 and 160 F and the air tem is around 80
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Coolant level is fine, installed a new tstat
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 12 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
KX37205
This morning I put the scanner on and found that the coolant temp matched the IAT so I believe that the coolant temp sensor is accurate.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

this vehicle does not run at different engine temps based on outside temperature.
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What would be causing the engine to run cool even with a different thermostat ?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

that could be just normal fluctuation or an issue with the water pump, coolant flow or fan. As the original question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating