Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My bmw wont turn over to start. The radio, and air and

Customer Question

My bmw wont turn over to start. The radio, and air and everything is working. It just wont turn over
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The battery was changed a few monthes ago. No it wont turn over to start
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 750li/2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing..
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Do you hear a clicking noise from either behind the dash or under the engine compartment when you turn the key to crank?

Do you have a voltmeter for testing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No... I
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just want an idea of what it could be
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The only noise I hear is the car trying to turn over
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, If the engine is trying to turn over but doesnt, the possible causes are a failing starter or a weak battery. Even though the lights work and radio works, the battery can be weak enough to not be able to turn over the engine to allow it to start.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?