Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

Keys are locked in car and car is in neutral. AAA can't

Customer Question

Keys are locked in car and car is in neutral. AAA can't unlock doors
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: Never happened before
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 95 bone 325i
JA: What year is your 325i?
Customer: 95
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can't get in. AAA can't get in
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The keys are locked in the car. AAA pulled the knobs but the car won't unlock. Is it because it's in neutral? Is there a way to get into the car without breaking anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
it is not because the car is in neutral, it is because the car is in double lock.
if the car is in double lock, it can't be opened. you will need to get another key or break in.
sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, I trust that my honesty and quick response is appreciated.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.