Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I have an 04 bmw 745i that I love, but I keep getting the

Customer Question

I have an 04 bmw 745i that I love, but I keep getting the code PO491 and PO2187. It starts rough every morning and after it warms up seems to run great, but my husband clears the code and it comes back on. I just spent 2,500 on it and put new plugs and coils, new fuel filter, water pump,cam sensor, valve cover gasket, alternator, and I realy would like it to run good in the morning. Any suggestions? thank you, Debbie
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 135,000 I think it is the E66?
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 04 BMW 745i
JA: What year is your BMW?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like my husband to fix it. He is pretty good at engine work depending on how far into the engine he has to go. All the work so far was by a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We dont want to go back to him because we feel he doesnt realy know what to do, and he replaced lots of things that realy were not neccesary
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.