Derek Werner
Derek Werner, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist

I have a 2004 BMW X5 VIN 5UXFA93594LE81049. I'm having a

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have a 2004 BMW X5 VIN 5UXFA93594LE81049. I'm having a auto leveling suspension concern. Keeps coming up with fault code 80 front right activity plausibility. Both front height sensor have been replaced, no leaks in the air bags. After clearing the codes you can drive the vehicle for 5 to 10 miles the warning for the suspension comes on and system goes into the inactive mode. If you let the vehicle set overnight the front suspension will drop on both sides. Fault code 80 will be present, if you clear the code, the front suspension will lift up to the normal level. If you let the car sit overnight or even several days the front suspension will not drop until you drive it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Category: BMW
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Have you performed the calibration procedure?

Right height calibration procedure must be performed after replacing the ride high sensors.

After calibration the system should work normally if no other faults are present.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I should have included that in the first question, but yes the ride height calibration has been done several times>

Ok great! sorry i am going to opt out of the question so someone can help you sooner. I am at work and will not be able to get back on until tonight.

If you respond it will lock me back into the question.