Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I drive a 2005 325ci with about 130k km on it. I am getting

Customer Question

Hi, I drive a 2005 325ci with about 130k km on it. I am getting a random misfire code, and it seems to be jumping from cylinder to cylinder. Checked coils and sparkplugs, maf aswell. I can't seem to find the problem
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: It will start fine, but when I drive the car for more then a minute it starts misfiring. It doesn't stall, but it shakes when standing still
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My mechanic has the car right now. He has bin looking for the issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I originaly had a problem because of a broken metal ring on my crankshaft. A mechanic fixed that by replacing the whole crankshaft. There was a problem with the timing and the vanos so both were done aswell. Later a small crack was found on the cylinder head. That has since bin repared aswell, but ever since I've had a random misfire jumping from one cylinder to another
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What code or codes exactly are you getting?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

how do you know the miss is moving cylinders if that is the only code you have?