Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

My 2002 330ci will not lock or unlock with the key remote,

Customer Question

My 2002 330ci will not lock or unlock with the key remote, manually in the door nor with the button inside of the car. My convertible top doesn't go up or down when the key is held to the locl or unlock position in the lock cylinder either but the interior buttons for the convertible top work just fine.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 161,000 and not that I'm aware of, I just recently purchased it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the fuses in the glove box that go to the" central locking system" and yes I intend to resolve the issue myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Noope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

if no fuses are blown then the issue is a failed general module. you can send yours for repair to

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating