Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I have a 2003 BMW X5 4.4 liter V8. I replaced thr

Customer Question

I have a 2003 BMW X5 4.4 liter V8. I replaced thr transmission 5,000 miles ago. Yesterday while on the Interstate, the t answer case broke. There is a 2 inch hole in it. All of the bolts fastening it to the transmission were loose. There was no transfluid visible. There were no warning signs of a problem. When replacing the transmission, could the transfer case been damaged or not reassembled correctly. Should there have been trans fluid present around the hole in the transfer case?
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: About3months ago I was changed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am planning on bringing it back to the repair shop that fixed the transmission. I think they are at fault. I don't think they reassembled the trans and transfer case correctly and I don't think they filled thr trans with enough fluid.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
hello? can you please provide the last 7 of the vin?