C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I just change the water pump and the thermostat to my bmw x5

Customer Question

I just change the water pump and the thermostat to my bmw x5 2001 4.4 engine and now got a message to read as engine press oil,stop engine, please help me!
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: Engine size it's 4.4 with 190 miles.
JA: What year is your X5?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do not know what to do first, maybe have a new oil change.I was told that maybe need a new filter this it's new to me.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

Good evening, first thing to do is check the oil level. If the oil level is good I suspect you might have disconnected the oil pressure sensor. The error says you have no oil pressure and to not drive. I have attached the steps to replace the oil sender which is what I would do if it is not disconnected. If the wire is connected with a new sensor oil is full but still having the same problem it could be actual internal failure. You will at that time connect a mechanical oil pressure gauge and verify the pressure is very low if so could be possible oil pump failure, I highly doubt this but I want to give you all options. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will do check this tomorrow.thanks

You are very welcome, I am glad I could help. Charlie.