peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Still getting P0013 after replacing vanos seleniods on a 08

Customer Question

Still getting P0013 after replacing vanos seleniods on a 08 mini r56 n14
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh ,car runs fine��
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen issues with worn cam gears as well as any intermediate alignment gears cause timing codes to set like this here and the engine can still run properly.If you know the wiring is all o.k. on the engine as well as the cam and crank sensors and you have no other issues I suspect this is a worn timing component.

You would need to have the timing components inspected for wear and damage and any found to be at fault would need replaced to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Could a camshaft sensor be in the mix

Yes,I have seen faulty cam sensors cause this code to set here.In some cases the cam sensors can be an updates sensor to correct false code issues like this here.If you have not had the sensors replaced I would start with the cam sensors as they are usually the cheapest and see if this resolves the fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete