Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have 2001 bmw 325i some times when im driving it the yelow

Customer Question

Hello i have 2001 bmw 325i some times when im driving it the yelow brake light and traction control light comes on, i turn car off light go away when i drive it comes again, i check abs code and i get the next fault codes:
5DF4
5E4F
5E3C
5E38 how can i solve this problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

with all of these codes you will need to replace the ABS/DSC module or send it out for repair

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You are talking about the electric part is conecter to hydraulic pump right? The one is holding by 6 little bolts
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

yes. please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is the abs pump located on this car? I cant see it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I find it, Do i need to remove the master brake cylinder to get to it?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

on some versions yes, others no. as the question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello i order an abs pump on ebay i just go it i put it on but how can i bleed the brake sistem? My pedal goes to the floor
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

you need a bmw scan tool to bleed this system

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what? How they do that? Can you explain how they do that?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

there is a special procedure that the bmw diagnostic computer runs to bleed it all

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thats all you have to say? Thats what the mechanics say when they do not know how to do it. Im asking you the proses you only say special computer,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello there i bleed the brake system with out scanner i reset code in system but now im getting this code 5E59. How can i solve this issue?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
any idea
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I replace my abs unit, i buy used one on ebay reset the codes but now is giving me a 5E59 code