Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Last night, turn signals, window controls, headlights all

Customer Question

Last night, turn signals, window controls , headlights all failed simultaneously. Can still control rear windows from rear switches, but everything up front failed. Car still starts, hazards are out but wipers work?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: WIpers are fine
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2010 328i
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. A lot failed at one time so I am doubtful that it is a fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You could have a problem in the body control module, I would check all fuses first though. Sometimes systems share the same fuse so when a fuse blows it can take out a lot of systems at the same time. You have fuses under hood, glove box and in the trunk. Check all of the fuses first.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan