Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Driver door and gas door won't open, Yes and low mileage,

Customer Question

Driver door and gas door won't open
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yes and low mileage
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2008 x5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2009
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The valet opened the door but then couldn't open it when he dropped off the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

I would check all fuses specified for central locking on your fuse card if you have not.

.

if no fuses are blown then this is likely a control module fault. you can attempt to reset it by unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour. if the issue remains, a new module may need to be fitted.

.

in the meantime, you can use the manual release for the fuel door to access the fuel filler. here are the instructions to do so: https://app.box.com/s/7z97t3clc1xoa4pmcitwa5ly7omu1153

..

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating