Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

Random multiple misfire (P0300-08), P0100. CEL not lit.

Customer Question

Random multiple misfire (P0300-08), P0100. CEL not lit. Occurs randomly at low RPM.
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: CEL does not light up. These are pending codes. 540i 6 speed, 3/97 mfr date.
JA: What year is your 540i?
Customer: 3/97
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Have cleaned the MAF (original) with MAF cleaner and examined the connector and wiring at the MAF connection.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Plugs are NGK BKR6EQP, with maybe 25k on them. Car has 153k on it. Crankcase vent valve replaced just recently.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
p0100 is the only code you have pending? and it isn't actually triggering the check engine light?