Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

02 BMW x5 3.0i, Wont crank over, 176K auto, 2002, I just

Customer Question

02 BMW x5 3.0i
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: Wont crank over
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 176K auto
JA: What year is your BMW?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just took it to a mechanic to put a new Air Max flow system in there everything was good the crank doesn't start when it turns over the lights that flicker a little bit he said he tried a bunch of times I did tell him to lock the car with the key a couple times because the battery had been disconnected from the vehicle during the repairs and the car was still open all doors so I told him to try the key before that the car had gone into a safety transmission program mode abs abs signal it was the book was broken I repaired the Boom it has a alternator that was repaired it has a PCV valve that was repaired and the car sounds great when it's going to start to turn over but it doesn't all signals on dash light up no ABS signal or signals turn off light inside car does not turn on unlocked all the dash codes did a control check everything good No crank over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What do you mean by wont crank over
Do you mean nothing happens when you turn the key? Or do you mean the starter turns but the engine does not fire up?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Engine does not fire up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
it turns normally but does not fire?
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.