Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I am an original owner of a 2004 mini I have had mucho

Customer Question

I am an original owner of a 2004 mini cooper
I have had mucho problems with the car
However, I now have to replace the transmission 3514
maybe the clutch
I need the car but I just found out that there is a class action against the car.
for the transmission I tried to contact the lawyers involved to see if I could recoup
part of the repair but have been unable to do so.
What should I do
I need a car and cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new one yet/
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

hi, can you please clarify what your question is exactly? it is not clear from your post.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should I spend all this money on such an old car
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

a 2004 mini cooper is only worth about $5000-$6000, so I would advise that it is not worth investing over $3500 to fix the transmission.

if you invest this money it can become a slipperly slope as usually people feel that since they've already put in so much, they should continue to fix things and before you know it you are out of pocket more than the value of the car.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.