Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2000BMW Z-3

Customer Question

I have a 2000BMW Z-3
Category: BMW
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 11 months ago.

What is wrong with your z3?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The other day I inquired aqboutthe problem I experienced at a gas station and was told that I probably had a problem with the
ignition starter switch and/or theignition lock cylinder. I purchased both from Turner Motorsport. I was able to get the cylinder
in basic language. I am sorry about my typing, but I hate computers and only know the basics. Thank you !
Jim Beard @***@******.***.

So what problem are you having? I cant see what you posted the other day.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had rather talk than type, but I guess that I need your response in hard copy because I am no mechanic and probably couldn't
tell heads from tails. The other day , I couldn't Turn off the car ( spinning ignition ? )

What happened when you turned the key back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Chris, I am old and it is my bedtime. Will see your response tomorrow

OK

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just made a lengthy question but it disappeared before I could send it...so I will try again. . I purchased a new ignition lock cylinder with 2 keys and an ignition switch. I removed the old lock cylinder with a bobby pin and I replaced the old ignition switch. In trying to insert the new lock cylinder, I accidently pulled the 2 little green wires off of the EWS (?). Do I even need this device? If I have to have it I can re-attach the green wires and install the new cylinder. Is there an easy way to re-install the cylinder?

Hello there. It seems we are on at different times. i cant get on weekdays before 8 am est. I will opt out so someone else can assist you. Good Luck.