Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Had a tire blow, it jumped off of a mechanic jump pack but

Customer Question

Had a tire blow, it jumped off of a mechanic jump pack but now loses battery power and won't jump off of other vehicles
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: Less than 40 k and it seems not too any more,
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had a tire blow out and the engine and battery seemed fine until I shut the engine off on the side of the road it would not restart at the shop on its own and the used a jump pack and it started but since then it acts as if something has drained the battery but I have tried jumping it off of two different vehicles but it seems like the charge is getting drained away asit does not get enough to start and pressing the start button with the jumper cables attached drains the charge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, just want some possible idea of the problem
JA: OK! The BMW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: 2012 BMW 128i with just under 40k miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

trying to jump start your car drains the other vehicle you are jumping from?