Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2000 528i This is my problem. Sometimes the car

Customer Question

I have a 2000 528i
This is my problem.
Sometimes the car won't start. it will start up and run for a few seconds. Never get above low idle. then cut off.
If you try to give it more gas when it starts it doesn't increase revs. Just dies out.
If you let the car sit...most of the time it starts right up. Sometimes sit for 20 minutes. Sometimes overnight.
Intermittent. Four or five times over the last six weeks.
Acts like it's starving for gas.
When it runs it runs great..nothing out of the ordinary. So my take it's nothing major. But who knows?
Haven't used this service for awhile. I'm glad I remembered it. Always great help.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Do any warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My warning light is on all the time. It's been on most of the last three years.Very Occasionally the eml light will come on...maybe twice in the last year....but when I turn the car off and restart it goes away instantly.Sorry it took so long to get back to you...I thought I would get an email but didn't.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

sorry which warning light is on all the time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the yellow light that is the equivalent of the old check engine lightOn the left side of the instrument cluster..the eml light that i mentioned i believe
is to the right of that.(but the eml light has not come on throughout this.I saw that there was a call me option...I think that would be a good idea...I'm heading out right now...what would be good hours tomorrow to talk?Many thanks!JOhn
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

there is an additional charge for a phone call. I will offer that to you now. Please accept it when you are available