Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I bought a new FOB and key 02 BMW 745i. They said it would

Customer Question

Hi.. I bought a new FOB and key for my 02 BMW 745i. They said it would already be programmed to my vehicle. The FOB will not stay in the ignition slot. Don't want to pay the dealer if its something I can handle. The FOB/Key was expensive enough
JA: Programming a key fob can be a bit tricky, but not to worry the mechanic can help you figure it out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 137k
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I seen a lot of people saying it needs to be held in the slot til it is recognized by the vehicle.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Don't want to mess up the FOB
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: No. That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Where did you buy the fob from?