Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2001 bmw z3 with the 3.0 engine. We have been

Customer Question

I have a 2001 bmw z3 with the 3.0 engine. We have been tuning it up lately. replaced plugs, coils, ccv and hoses. because computer was throwing trouble codes in these area's. we cleared the codes and the check engine light is finally out and has stayed out. but now I cannot get it smog inspected because it says that there are 4 of the systems not complete in the computer. I have driven well over 600 miles since the reset and have no idea what to do now so that I can get smogged. Help!!!!
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

the issue is that you need to complete specific drive cycles, not just drive miles. This is a very specific process. I can email you the steps, however there is a small charge imposed for email of documents. I can set this to the lowest allowed to simply enable email.