Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I closed my driver door on my X5 (2007 3.0) with the door

Customer Question

Hi pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I closed my driver door on my X5 (2007 3.0) with the door latch closed by mistake and hit hard on the door latch. I've a warning for driver door open even if the door is closed...and can't use the car. Can I bypass the the door open/close switch or hall sensor?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I don't have code reader but I can see door open signal on my instrument cluster with the door closed and interior light always on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no choice at the moment because I'm 500 miles from the closest BMW dealer for parts (door latch actuator assembly)
JA: OK! The BMW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: I remove the door trim panel and the connector pin to the door latch is for 8 pin inline but only 7 wires.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
Unfortunately you cannot bypass the switch, you will need to replace the actuator to correct this issue. They can be mail ordered.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
If there are no additional questions please kindly click on a positive rating