Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I have a 1996 BMW Z3----battery is good, but the engine will

Customer Question

I have a 1996 BMW Z3----battery is good, but the engine will not crank and I have no dash lights. I appreciate any suggestion.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

what has been checked so far?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

how do you know the battery is good? does the radio come on? do you have interior lights? will the cabin fan blow?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything is dead---no lights, no radio, no dash lights---nothing.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

in that case you have a power distribution failure - either the cabling is bad/loose or there is a big problem with the battery or fuse box. The problem isn't that the car won't crank, the problem is that the car has zero electrical power being distributed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating