Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Have P2068 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit gh and P0463 ..same but

Customer Question

Have P2068 Fuel Level Sensor B Circuit High and P0463 ..same but Sensor A I believe.. as well as a 3rd code P1449. Have a suspicion that charcoal canister and/or DMTL pump issue as well, the connector from the Charcoal canister to the DMTL pump was disconnected.. found it just hanging there.. and a rubber nipple was inserted into the opening in the DMTL pump, where that hose/connector goes.. No idea what that was about.. but I had an Evap code before..so I ended up looking around in there.. I plugged it in.. the Evap code 2440 I believe it was, didn't come back.. no Idea if the 1449 code is part of that..could very well be.. so, along to go with that I have a problem with filling the tank.. cannot fill/or at least the fuel sensor shows it is not full.. goes to 3/4s full only on the dash..and about less that 1/4 the car runs out of gas....looking for help in resolving the fuel filling issue...and SES light to be gone....what can I clear up as info for you, so u can asnwer better..It is probably confusing what I wrote above..
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

even if you are on a subscription plan please remember that a positive rating must be left but that you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate to do so.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

based on the codes and symptoms you have I would replace the canister first. this will correct the filling issue and possibly 1449.

.

if you still get 1449, then replace the dmtl pump.

.

hopefully this resolves the fuel level issue as well, if not you will need to check wiring to the level sensors and possibly replace them

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating