Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Ih have bmw e31 dash lights working

Customer Question

ih have bmw e31 dash lights working
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

hello what do you mean by "ih have bmw e31 dash lights working" - what is your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I check fuses ok checlced power going to dash boad its ok on bmw e31
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

I am still not sure what you mean. you mean that the instrument cluster is not lit up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

did all lights stop at the same time in the cluster?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

most likely you just need to replace the bulbs then, here is info to do so: http://www.meeknet.co.uk/e31/BMW_E31_Instrument_Cluster_Bulb_replacement.htm

.

if the lights still don't come on with new bulbs, then the fault is internal to the cluster itself

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry This was my fault for being unclear with my question..I will start again.My question is:I have a BMW E31 car, and some of the dash lights of the car are not working, the lights that are working are..
indiactors, the battery light, ABS light, the head lights, the lights that are not working are the window wiper light and the steering wheel electric adjuster light is not working. The lights that illuminate the speed and rev counter display the lights are not working as well.Please can you advise?
Many Thanks for your patience.
Michael
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

the issue can be bulbs, a fault with the light control module, or an internal fault with the cluster. as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating