Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I had a low exhaust fluid light come on and went to the

Customer Question

I had a low exhaust fluid light come on and went to the dealer to have it filled up. They did and drove away and 5 miles away I got another alert saying "incorrect fluid used" and, it only will drive you 199 more miles an not restart. took back to the dealer and, they said it needed and oil change and fluid in the other tank? Paid 277. for that and, it didn't make the warning go off. They told me that eventually it would go off and not a problem. Had to have it towed to the dealership to get checked out again! Pretty frustrating..
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 83000 and the mileage hasn't changed in the 8000 miles that I have owned the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: trying to get educated and then maybe fix myself if it look possible.
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.

what question did you have about this? what did you want to know?