sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Just bought a 2008 BMW 328xi. The selecter shaft had broken

Customer Question

Just bought a 2008 BMW 328xi. The selecter shaft had broken and had them replace it. After replacement a weird low-pitch rattling type noise appeared when idling or moving. It sounds like when you get a flu and you breath there is this weird rattle in your lungs. Thnaks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

hi, what can I tell you about this?

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
hello? what question did you have about this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to get rid of that noise
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

okay... so do you want to know next steps? possible causes? something else?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Again. I need this sound gone.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

well, I am not really sure how I can get rid of the sound for you as I am not at the car, I can only really answer questions, so I am trying to understand what info it is that would be helpful to you and help you resolve this

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Steve it's simple. If you dealt with 2008 bmw's and 3-series. You have heard about issues like that. Automatic Transmission noises and their cure. Especially after a selector shaft rod replacement and what could go wrong in creating this low-pitched noise. At the dealer they could not find what provokes that noise. no fault codes are shown. Could not find it on google and it gets on my nerves. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you did not deal with cases like this I would like you to decline my payment and get me to a different expert. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to know what's causing this noise, how to get rid of it, what parts should I look at purchasing etc etc etc. Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Do you still need help?
What was the shaft replaced for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't need any more help. Since I did not receive an answer within 48 hours I would like a full refund. Thanks

If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen. Good luck with your repair.