Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican

Wow great! I mistakenly inserted the regular gas pump and it

Customer Question

Wow great! I mistakenly inserted the regular gas pump and it wouldn't go in but then I realized my mistake called my dealer and he e planned about the special tube with the blue glove so I was able to fill up. However I have a long drive and was hoping I could reset the metal block so I don't have to use that extra nozzle piece every time I need fuel. Can I reset without going to the dealer?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well I would like to not take a day of va stun to go to the dealer if there is an easy way to reset the protector flap that prevents any nozzle but my special part.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: 2016 x3 and the extra piece works but would prefer not to have to use it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't get back to the password ***** help!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can turn off my iPad and you will email ****************
Expert:  Kenny replied 4 months ago.

There is no way to reset it. It will need to come apart and most likely will need to be replaced. However sometimes it can be fixed.