Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

None of my keys work remotely (suddenly). My car isBMW 328i

Customer Question

None of my keys work remotely (suddenly). My car isBMW 328i xDrive Sedan. Thank you, ***** ***** Skinner
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I cannot unlock the car doors remotely or start the car remotely. I have to put the key into the ignition to start car. This is happening with all three sets of keys.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to, as the dealership is an hour away, and I had to just do this recently. It is becoming a hassle.
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

hello.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

unfortunately this isn't going to likely be something that can be quickly fixed.

.

things you can try would be to check ALL fuses and also unhook the vehicle battery for an hour to reboot all systems.

.

more likely you have a hardware or software fault within the remote entry/start system which has taken it offline. Unfortunately diagnosing and rectifying faults in the system requires specialist equipment

.

if you need a properly equipped shop to save $ vs. the dealer check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options, although if you are in a remote area there may not be one near you.

.

sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest, prompt and thorough reply is appreciated.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
hello.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..