peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Im not getting a red light coming out of the bus jumper in

Customer Question

Im not getting a red light coming out of the bus jumper in the glove box
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My radio isn't working nor my navigation
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: The first thing that happen was a cracking sound from speakers then everything went dead on it no radio no navigation no door chime no cd changer nothing is working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I order the bus jumper and try it but no luck
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this needs done.If any codes are set with this issue here the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue.This sounds like the radio itself may have failed internally electronically causing this fault needing replaced.I have seen several internal radio failures before in the past with it needing removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not good at all i taught you guys were supposed to tell me step by step how to trouble shoot it to find the problem

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete