Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have my 2006 BMW 3 series and a light related with

Customer Question

I have my 2006 BMW 3 series and a light related with leveling light is coming on every time I started to driving, after few seconds will go off again.
What I need to change to get rid of that light ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

what does " light related with leveling light " refer to specifically?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is the light
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

okay. what exactly is your question about this light? what diagnostics have been carried out? what faults are logged in the car's fault memory?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THIS IS WHAT COMPUTER SHOWS. * adaptive headlight failure. NEED TO HAVE LIGHTS modded
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
you have not had the actual faults read from the car? I am still not sure what your question is about this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is that Light related with ?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

you have asked "What is that Light related with ? "

.

this light means "adaptive headlight failed"

.

usually this is caused by a failure of the headlight swivel mechanism or control unit. You will need to have the fault logs scanned from the car using a BMW scan tool to verify the exact nature of the underlying trigger as this is only a driver warning light

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.